Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Beginning of a Beautiful Thing

When I started this journey a year ago, I don't think I ever could have imagined the response of love and support I would receive from friends and family all over this beautiful world. Sure I knew people would be happy for me, but the support, care, concern, interest, genuine curiosity, encouragement, advice, and just overall love I have received has absolutely blown me away! I am so blessed with the people God has put in my life and I'm blessed to serve this God who wants to surround me with such examples of His love! So before any other words are expressed, thank you! To those of you taking the time to read this blog, taking the time to care about me, taking the time to pray for me: a million times, thank you!!

And now this is starting to sound like an Academy Awards acceptance speech. Shall I move on?

One of the biggest questions I have received so far (and there have been plenty!) is if and when I will be starting a blog to document my experiences. I had planned to wait till right before I left but I figure, so much of my journey has already begun, why not get the ball rolling now. I will be the first to tell you, my blogging skills are a bit sub-par to say the least! I have tried 3 blogs in my short lifetime and every one of them has been a bit of a fail. I really don't mind creative writing and I certainly don't mind sharing my opinions on life! So I feel like this should be easier than it is. But I have so much to say and not a lot of time to say it so I suppose things tend to slip.


Upon talking to some friends who have recently returned from their travels abroad, they told me that they found it much more helpful to share stories and answer questions after their respective trips if they were able to share so much during. Makes sense to me. So I guess regardless of my hesitancies, here I am, sharing with you, the ins and outs of my crazy, wonderful life over the next 2.5 years. There may be times when I am only able to blog once or twice a week, once every couple of weeks, or have so much to share I blog a couple times a day (internet service permitting). So bear with me through this process, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!

Either way, one thing I know is this: this is la vida encantada, this is the charmed life!
 

So without further ado, the long awaited, much anticipated blog is here. Enjoy, my sweets!

No comments:

Post a Comment